SERIES 2.0 MIXTAPE 04 - Dance 02 (#loveTheNHS 1)




So I ended up in Croydon University Hospital for a couple of days' unpleasantry, and had a lot of time on my hands, so I fired up the laptop, and started making dance music mixtapes. This is the first one; there are one or two tunes here from the more poppy end of the market, but most are tunes that some might class as IDM, and while that's a tag I've never liked, it's one that kind of fits this mixtape. 

As to the hospital, while the medical care was great, the place itself was dire; built about 12 years ago for pence, it has deteriorated horribly, being very badly maintained, and is basically falling to bits. The ward I was on was like a sauna, so inadequate was the aircon, meaning little old guys sleeping without covers, in their underpants, with a complete loss of dignity, and staff, in their man made fibre uniforms, melting with sweat. I tried to go for a shower, only to be told that of the four of the toilet/shower/bathrooms, two were out of action, and anyway, there were no towels. I ended up managing to slip into another ward's shower, and dried myself with the previous day's teeshirt. And the less said about the food the better. The staff, medical and non-medical, did an excellent job under very difficult circumstances, but you could see how demoralised they were. This mixtape is dedicated to them, the staff of Queens Ward 2, and The NHS. Secretary of State for Health and Social Care Jeremy 'it rhymes' Hunt, can go fuck himself.

Comments

Popular Posts